Monday 29 September 2008

Life update...

OK, been busy as a bastard of late which is the reason for lack of updates. Things have been moving along in my life though. Had a Taekwondo Tournament - won 2 matches, lost 2 matches ended up 3rd. The wins don't feel as sweet though as it was against one of my team mates and I never actually got to fight anyone from another club. That said, fair play to Everton (aka Stick Man) which is now my new arch nemesis and the only one I train with who is faster than me. Weird as I love it and hate it all at the same time. Hate it cos I just hate loosing in anything where I feel I can do better, but good in the fact that I have gauge and a new push to gets better now. Must have watched my fight vids like 50 times and I know where I'm going wrong and the things I need to work on so these WILL BE IMPROVED (Yeah, decided to score a cute itsy bitsy camcorder - it's well 'ard!!)

What else, got me a Power ball, they're freaking awesome for working out your arms. Forearms, wrist strength, grip strength etc. Got it to help with my BJJ/Grappling/Sambo training which starts on Saturday. Gonna be doing some 1 on 1 sessions with a bad ass homie down in Birmingham every couple of weeks for the foreseeable future. He's an excellent teacher who knows his stuff inside out and from the side so REALLY looking forward to working with the dude.

Also going to be doing Yoga, was thinking of starting tomorrow but I don't get back in time and I'm still recovering from this freaking chest infection (was null and void ALL last week not to mention that I had 2 days already booked off which were spent sleeping!!!). But one thing I realised above all things...If I'm fighting a hobbit, I'll be able to kick that dude in the head - MAYBE! At the moment, my leg flexibility is shat and I'm fed up of having it like that so I'm hoping Yoga will help change that.

Ooohhh, been finding new music of late - lots of Hip Hop (some of it French). Top 10 Tracks on my iPod that I totally recommend (this changes daily)
  1. The Look of Love - Slum Village
  2. Keep it on - This beat - Slum Village
  3. Around the Clock - DJ Honda feat. Problemz
  4. Trouble in the water - DJ Honda feat. Problemz
  5. Hell Naw! - Slum Village
  6. Multiply - Slum Village
  7. Self Assessment - Black Grass
  8. Just like a bird without a feather - Samuel Jackson (Black Snake Moan OST)
  9. Samurai - Shurik'n
  10. Oncle Shu - Shurik'n
Anyways, this weekend should be fun, Grappling type training on Saturday, seeing Dylan Moran on Sunday (Never seen a stand up live before). Then 2 weeks after that, UFC 89!! Anyways, will try and do a few more updates - peace and love.

No comments: