Friday 31 May 2013

DAMMIT MAN! WHY ARE YOU SO HAPPY!?

So I don't get asked in that particular way but I am noticing more often that people are asking me why I'm always so happy. First things first...I'm not always happy. I have crappy days like everyone else with the difference being, my crappy days aren't all that crappy.

A few years ago I made a concious effort to eject everyone from my life that didn't add something positive to it. Constant and unnecessary conflicts with certain people in my life at the time distracted me from concentrating on being a better human.
"Yeah, but they're your friends!"
And to that I say, FUCK THAT SHIT! If you're always in constant conflict, they're constantly being douchey (or even worse - you are) then something needs to change. So...over the past few years I've ensured that the people who are in my circle are positive people. We have great conversations, there's RARELY any conflict (if any) and most of my friends, like me, are just trying to be better than they were yesterday. It's unfortunate, but not everyone thinks this way. They bitch and moan about things they can easily change but do not wish to and I don't think it's for me to tell them that they should be different. And knowing how I was back in my more negative days...the change had to come from within - no external source could have changed my view on the world without my wanting to see the world differently in the first place. My home girl Kya said it best.
"No one can persuade another to change. Each of us guards a gate of change that can only be opened from the inside. We cannot open the gate of another, either by argument or emotional appeal."
I don't have this life of mine figured out. There's still so much room for improvement and so many things that I look at in my life that I liken to that cupboard in your house that you need to spend a decent amount of time sorting out, but every time you open the door and take a look..."Yeah...I'll do it another time".

However you choose to lead your life is entirely your call. Me? I have chosen to maintain a sense of positivity in all situations and this has connected me with like minded people. When I was negative...the same was also very true. The people in my life were negative - just like me.

Everything is a choice - and in the words of my good friend Liam (The Part-time Grappler) "It's up to you to find the positivity" and there's is always positivity to be taken from almost every situation. The universe presents you with the same lessons over and over until you learn from that lesson. When you do, it presents you with another lesson.

I choose to take the positivity from all situations presented to me.
I choose to be a happy and positive person.
I choose to add positivity to the lives of the people around me as they do me.
I choose to work toward making myself a better and more evolved human each day.

So...the question should not be "Why is Tim always so happy?" but rather
"Why do I care if someone is always happy?"
"Why am I not always happy?"

Food for thought.

Until the next post...

Peace and Love :)

No comments: