Thursday 3 July 2008

Panic Over

So, my new place has a great view of the canal from the balcony which as soon as I saw it made me think "Perfect for a smoke in the summer". Anyways, I ends up having a smoke a few days ago and I hear this voice "Hello...". Turns out its my neighbours from upstairs who just so happen to be the concierge and caretaker (they're married). Oooh, I also get the impression they're pretty tight with the land lady. "We can smell it...any chance you could go inside our grand-daughter is here". Oh the embarrasement. Now after seeing what happened to my last place, I've dubbed the new pad a "no smoking" flat, so if I wanna smoke - I pop out onto the balcony (very convenient when you're on the 3rd floor), just didn't realise my stash was so potent.

Either way...I start flapping "Oooh...they're gonna tell the land lady...I'm gonna get evicted and I barely been here a week!!". So yesterday I pops over to the concierges office after work to drop off some post for the previous tenants and she seems cool. I tell her "Yeah, erm.....sorry about last night...that won't happen again". "Oh it's fine! We're you smoking the other night too??", "Errr....yeah...", "OK, that explains it, cos we didn't know what it was, we ended up calling the gas board". I gotta say I laughed! Anyways, turns out their daughter only works for the fuzz and is a drugs youth worker. She was there when I was having a smoke and clocked on right away! Luckily though, they seem very cool with it - the dude was like "Do what you want mate...live n let live is what I say" - so I don't think they'll be ratting me out just yet. Just means I gotta go for a walk any time I wanna have a Joe.

Ahhh...how my life makes me laugh.

On a slightly less significant note...totally got a Prada shirt for 60 bones yesterday...BARGAIN! And I got some D&G shoes that were meant to be 235 but I managed to get em 50% off. The joys of end of season sales!!! GET IN!