Friday 11 July 2008

Something to look forward too

Started training again this week. Things have been a bit slack on the training front since the move. Having to setup the multi-gym again was not as bad as I thought and took me all of 90 minutes this time round (instead of the 6 hours it took me when I 1st got it). I think that's mostly down to the fact that I managed to dismantle it into about 20 pieces as opposed to it's original 200! Anyways, Mondays MMA session was good, Thursdays was pure pain and I loved it...been running, lifting weights and doing drills. Did nish on Wednesday as that's my designated day off and from here up until Monday...will be nothing but resting and stuffing my fat face.

Apparently we may well have a little club on club competition - if so proper looking forward to it. Soon as a date is confirmed I'll be training like my life depended on it up until that point. I have no problems with losing to an opponent (although I have no intention of that happening), I do have problems losing to fear (and I have no intention of that happening either).

Also been told there is a distinct possibility that we'll be going up against Rosi Sexton's crew in November which I am really excited about. I've seen her on the Fight Network (Bodog fight) so there's a touch of Hero worship there too - not to mention the fact that she's bad ass! Saw her pull a very sweet arm bar on this Brazilian chic who was dressed all in pink (I ain't a fan of pink in any capacity - not as bad as green though). And if her homies are anything like her...I'll be training until I'm close to death and a little bit more until that point!! (I'll also try and score me an autograph!)

Oh yeah, that date on Saturday...went OK. I get the distinct impression she thinks I'm some kinda play boy so not too sure how far that's gonna go. Not much you can do about someone who has already made their mind up about you and I ain't about to start trying to prove that's not me. Nothing worse than being judged because you got a few nice garms and a cool pad. But such is life.

Anyways - 9 more days until my birthday...15 until the housewarming/birthday party. Still not told the neighbours yet...we'll see what they say I guess.