Monday 25 February 2008

Amsterdam (Woohoo), my new WII (Double Woohoo) and my HD DVD (Triple DOH!)

Yup, 4 days and counting until my Trip to Amsterdam. Unlike all of the other times...getting there in the morning which means I gotta be outta my bed at stupid (AKA 4am) in the morning! Totally worth it though...I reckon an hour to get ready...another hour to get to the Airport and then the plane leaves an hour after that - it's gonna be great!

In other news...hooked myself up with a Wii on Friday. I gotta say, I can see why it's outselling everything else - it's freaking AWSOME! Shits all over my XBOX 360 and costs half as much. Anyways - got the one that comes with Wii Sports and also went and scored Mario and Sonic Olympics and after playing a good portion of the weekend I gotta say it's addictive as hell and so much fun it's almost insane! I have got a downside though...woke up this morning...went to stretch and my arm is MESSED UP!! All that swinging up, down, left and right proper does you, not to mention the fact that I must have lost a good few pounds from the cardio it gets out of you. But that aside...if you intend to get a games console...get a Wii. It's easy as hell to use (with the games I've played) and I'm willing to guarentee that you'll have the most fun!

Finally - anyone wanna buy a Hi Def DVD player for the 360?? Seems that if I had waited another 2 weeks I would have seen the news that Blu Ray has won the Hi Def battle! Sony you gits!! Nicely done though...but you've cost me about £200 bones :( Anyways - I may keep it...I reckon that'll be worth a nice little wedge in a few years in a "Remember these??" type fashion...but if I'm gonna get rid...now is the time. The way I see it...any techie bods that are in the know will laugh at me (as most already have) if I try and sell it to them...but your average Joe will just think...Hi Def...cool....like those poor fools (my dear old mum included) that buy a television just cos it says "HD Ready" on it. Yes...wrong as it may be I'm counting on peoples stupidity, technophobia and lack of understanding to try and claim back some of my coin! Will update on that another time.