Monday 12 November 2007

Egyptian artifacts, getting arseholed and the last word on my new telly

So one of my team got back from his holiday to Egypt and bless his cotton socks he remembered to bring me back something cheesy! It's my new thing, collecting cheesy stuff from different countries (no idea why!) so I now have stuff from Jamaica (cheers Dawn), Egypt (thanks John), China (thanks Ngai), New York (thanks Abi) and of course Holland. Gotta do the popular cities and countries before I get to the obscure ones.

Meanwhile, why is it that when you go out for a quick drink for like an hour it never works out that way? My boy Ste came up from London to visit me for the weekend and the plan was, a few drinks, come back and have a catch up. That was at 8. What time did we get back? Sometime past 3 in the friggin' morning! And I ended up falling asleep in my contact lenses which is always agony! Felt like my eyes were bleeding not to mention the massive hangover! Spent the entire day absolutely no good to man nor beast!

Ooh, I've discovered an artist by the name of Fink! The dude is freaking genius! (check out www.finkworld.co.uk) been listening to 'Blueberry pancakes' all morning! Not very often you find an album you can listen to all the way through but 'Distance and time' is definitely one of those albums! Also turns out he's playing in the Dam the weekend I'm there but its all sold out! Gutted! Talking of artists playing in the Dam, Jill Scott has a gig there the same weekend (again, sold out! Double gutted!) her latest album is alright, better than the 2nd but not as good as the 1st. She set the bar way too high with 'Who is Jill Scott?'

Finally, my new TV is the biz, if you get one make sure you got something high def to appreciate the goodness as even DVDs ain't quite up to par compared to the HD content. But very impressed indeed, and runs at 1080i no problem. Although now I'm gonna have to fork out coin on a high def DVD player! Great : last thing I need in the run up to Christmas is another gadget to fork out coin on (and yes, I am fully aware that the acquisition of these toys is a "choice" but the advertising gets me frothing at the mouth not to mention the fact that I'm WEAK!)