Wednesday 12 December 2007

GSP, Baaah Humbug and Hi Def Movies on the XBOX

So even though I've been aware of this for some time...George St. Pierre (who by the way...NEVER updates his website) has another title shot at UFC 79 : Nemesis, and while I'm a touch disappointed that I won't get to see Matt Serra pound on Hughes while I chant "Kill! Kill! Kill!" (OK...maybe overstating a bit but I don't like the dude) the fact that I get to see my favourite fighter go and serve up some grade A, satisfaction guaranteed or you money back whoop ass is certainly making me feel better about things. When Serra beat GSP (and I have nothing against Serra at all) I have to say that GSP looked like a different fighter - even worst than he did when fighting Hughes the 1st time and I'm of the opinion that the person who has a better change of winning is the fighter who has prepared himself both mentally and physically. GSP seemed like he was else where to me and it caused him to lose the title. I think if we can see the GSP who is even remotely close to his peak - Nighty Nighy Mr Hughes! And even George says it himself "No one can 'andle my riddem" (the best imitation of a French man I can muster through text). Plus they got Silva vs Liddell which may or may not be superb (Chuck's been a little disappointing of late) and also...I'm quite sure that Layoto Machida should be in the main card that actually gets shown on TV. So if you're in the UK - Sunday 30th December - 9pm - Bravo (I've actually rearranged bits of my Christmas break so that I'm back in time to watch it!!).

Meanwhile - it seems the closer to Christmas I get - the more bitter I feel! I dunno...I just don't like Christmas! It's not Christmas that I don't like but more the fact that it's turned into a period of time where you're damn near obliged to buy people gifts!! Pagan ritualism gone mad if you ask me! Anyways - this year I have decided that I will be buying 3 presents. 1 for me dear old mum, 1 for my best mate and the remaining present for my dearest cousin and favourite family member Max. Everyone else expecting a present will be expecting for a great deal of time! I'm also opting to not wrap any presents and I won't be buying cards either. The reasons for this are 2 fold.

1. To do my bit to save mother earth
2. Cos I ain't forking out coin on decorated paper and card that will get thrown away post December 25th!

Finally - as of yesterday, if you live in the UK you are now able to score movies on the XBOX Marketplace - they've only got 24 movies thus far but it's a start, and I think it's way cool that some of these movies come in High Definition (Woo Hoo!) - the only problem is that I have already own all of the good movies on DVD anyway and the remainder I wouldn't fork out coin to buy/rent. Still does not take away from the fact that it's a trip that they're doing it :) Nicely done Microsoft :)