Friday 18 January 2008

UFC takes Randy Couture to court!

Yes, you have not read that incorrectly, the machine that is UFC seem to have turned into "the man" which is a damn shame! I have a DVD at home called Ultimate knockouts and it has an interview with a young Dana White saying how he wants to take care of fighters and what not, and while this may have been the case early on, I can't help but think this is a thing of the past. I understand that the UFC (owned by Zuffa LLC) is a business and as such their primary goal is to make money. With that said, it's a shame when everything boils down to "the bottom line" and people are known as numbers and not names. I'm still waiting for the point where I'm in a meeting and after raising a hand to get some attention, someone looks over and says "yes number 42"!


You can view more info here.