Thursday 24 January 2008

What a dodgy week!!!

This has been such a dodgy week it's untrue!!

Monday
Thought it was like any other day until I left work. Get to the bus station as usual and there's loads more people at the bus stop than usual...this happens every now and then when the bus is late so I think nothing of it. The slower bus shows up so I decide to hop on board being as everyone is ploughing onto the bus like their life depended on it. Now keeping in mind that the bus leaves at 5.30 at the latest (which it did) and on a bad day it'll take until 6.15 to get into Huddersfield (where I live). What time did the bus get in?? 8.45pm!! That's not an exaggeration at all...it took more than 3 hours to do a journey that takes on average 40 minutes. I was not pleased at all being as my arse was numb for a start, not to mention that I was hungry and I totally missed my Mixed Martial arts session which combined with last weeks chest infection is 2 weeks in a row! Throw in the fact that I forgot my wallet meant that I couldn't afford to get a taxi too!

Tuesday
Wake up and the dude on the Radio says that the Rail service in Yorkshire is telling people not to travel. I go check the National Rail web site and I can't get to work being as it's flooded half way between where I live and where I work so I have to work from home. Now this is not a bad thing, I get to wear what I want, have some tunes on the go, no having to "go outside for a ciggy". Anyways, lunch time comes and so I bounce into town to get some scran. Make a quick stop at the cash machine and it eats my card!! WHAT?? There's money in all my accounts?? So I go into the freakin' bank and she tells me "Unless you have the card number we can't tell why the card was obtained" - "SORRY LOVE BUT I AIN'T ABOUT TO MEMORISE IT NOW AM I!! PRAT!!" So the chic at NatWest tells me she'll order me a new card...fair enough...it happens.

Wednesday
Trains are still screwed so another day working from home. The boss says that tomorrow I gotta make an effort to get into work and all I can think is "What am I meant to do?? WALK!! It's 11 freakin' miles and it's not like I drive now is it??" Add to that the fact that I don't wanna spend 3 hours plus getting home on the evening does not help anything at all. Anyways - I decide to call NatWest to make sure they've ordered my cards (I could tell that the chic in there was well slack and would have forgotten to do it the moment I asked)...the geezer tells me nothing has been ordered! "Dude...get them ordered please...I don't wanna walk around with cash all the time!!" - "Not a problem sir...we'll do that right away". Anyways, gets to around 4.30 and as I'm working away, rocking tunes...the hard drive that I bought less than 6 months ago just dies!! ALL MY TUNES THAT I'VE BEEN COLLECTING FOR THE PAST 7 YEARS GONE!! ALL THOSE EPISODES OF LOST THAT I GOT FROM iTUNES?? GONE!! ALL THE TUNES THAT I'VE PURCHASED FROM iTUNES?? FUCKING GONE!!!
Anyways - spirits are heightened a bit being as when I call National Rail they tell me the trains are back up and running again which means no struggle to get to work tomorrow.

Thursday
Get to the train station...every train is running sweet...scroll my eyes down to my train..its the only one that's fucking cancelled!! FUCK OFF!!! Anyways, I got no choice but to catch the bus, which after Mondays debacle - worries me! Soon as I walk out of the train station I see my bus and run like fuck to try and catch the thing...just as I get there the driver pulls away with a grin on his face "MOTHER FUCKER!!!" So now I gotta walk to the bus station and wait 20 freakin' minutes for the next bus. Lunch break comes and I decide to call NatWest to make sure the geezer I spoke to ordered my cards...apparently not! My reaction?? "OH FOR FU....LOOK!! ORDER MY CARDS!! You're the 3rd person I've spoken to and this is now getting beyond a joke...it's not rocket science" - "No sir..I am sorry...I am doing it now..I assure you the cards have been ordered now and I am sorry for the inconv..." I slam the phone down. I gotta get out for some air cos NatWest and their retarded ways are getting right on my fucking tits!! I decide to walk up to the local branch to make sure it's been done and surprise surprise...it's not been done!! So I tell the chic behind the counter what's been happening and she's like "Ordering your cards now"...I see this little print out in front of her which is a confirmation and she's ordered the wrong freaking card!! "I never wanted that card love" - "Sorry...you'll have to wait until tomorrow before we can cancel it, and you never said what type of card you wanted" "HANG ON A MINUTE!! YOU NEVER ASKED ME!!! GET YOUR MANAGER! I'M FED UP OF SPEAKING TO MINIONS WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THEIR JOBS PROPERLY...AND I HAVE NO INTENTION OF LEAVING IT WITH YOU JUST TO FIND OUT THAT TOMORROW YOU HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!!" So I end up speaking to this Supervisor chic who is cool as school but I couldn't care less and I tell her that she working with a bunch of incompetent fools anyway! She assures me that everything is gonna be cool/taken care of and gives me her card so I tell her straight.."I don't wanna have to talk to you again!" and I bounce. I go to the local fitness shop being as I've ran our of protein shake this morning and the big dude is in there (very sound geezer). Turns out that the other dude has sold me the wrong freakin' protein 2x in a row and blatantly lied to me about it being the same as the one I usually get!! OH FOR FUCKS SAKE!!! Anyways - as usual he does me a good deal (bless his cotton socks) and I bid the dude a fair well. This brings us to now.

I'm looking at the rest of the week in the same way I'd look for that dodgy smell. Could be something really fucked up or could be something that's just passed your nose but you can't quite tell! I'm hoping that the remainder of the week will be uneventful...but we'll see!! I don't wanna have to add a "What a dodgy week!!! (part 2)" to this!