Thursday 27 March 2008

15 years in Jail over a "white lie"

So been reading this article about some poor geezer who goes on a site looking for some "nudge, nudge, wink, wink". Meets up with this chic who is also a paying member of the site, they hop on the good foot, do the bad thing and then end up loosing contact after a short while. Next thing you know - poor fella is at home, having a brew (watching Maury no doubt) and the old bill come knocking on his door. Turns out this chic was 14!! Dude now has to spend 15 years in prison...talk about harsh!! I mean, people say "Well he should have been able to tell" but that ain't always the case...the amount of chics I went to school with who were dating 20-30 yr olds who had no clue about their true age is almost shocking. Me for example...I've always looked ridiculously young for my age....most people put me between 22-24 (I'm 29 in a few months). On the flip side, I work with a dude who is 24 and looks like he's in his early 30's!!

Talk about weak!! I ain't saying nothing should have been done - what I am saying is 15 years is an awful long time all because some chic decided to lie about her age.

You can read more about it here.