Thursday 6 March 2008

The Amsterdam Trip

Tim [Left] and Chunky [Right] in the DamYeah...so kinda realised I never actually mentioned a fat lot about my trip to the Dam apart from the fact that it was a good time n all o that. Anyways...initially the entire thing was turning out to be a complete cluster fuck! The chunky fella in the picture is my best mate Wayne (I call him Chunky). Anyways - the idea was...he leaves from Birmingham...I leave from Leeds/Bradford and we get there at roughly the same time (about 9am).

So - flights on time, gets to the Dam on time and just before we're about to land the Pilot be like "There's too much fog so I'm gonna have to divert and pick up more fuel". My first reaction? "Fucking Pussy!!"...fair enough you quite literally could not see the ground but with technology these days it couldn't be that hard. Either way we end up going to Rotterdam Airport - stuck there for an hour and then off to Amsterdam when the weather clears. My mate had the same problem but that poor fucker ends up in Brussels and unlike my pilot...his drops him off, tells him to catch a coach and then buggers off and leaves him. Poor git had to catch a 2 hour fast train and by the time we meet up I'm checked in, have had lunch at my fav place (Deli France...the apple cake is freaking AWSOME!!) and I'm in Betty Boop half cained and giggling like a kid! Poor git did not look happy at all! Other than that...the trip was pretty cool...gotta try and remember the name of that Noodle place though cos it's freaking awsome and I would recommend it highly!