Thursday 3 April 2008

The doubting Thomas only makes Timmy Stronger!

So I really want to do some Amateur MMA bouts. Not something I think I'll ever want to do as a career but a few local competitions is definitely something I'll be interested in and certainly something I want to do by the time I'm 30 which gives me 15 months (give or take a week or 2). So I've spoken to my trainer and she reckons getting me ready in that amount of time won't be a problem. The way I see it - if she can teach me the skills, I can work on everything else such as cardio, being limber etc.

However I must say that I'm ever so slightly disappointed but greatly encouraged about how well (or not as the case may be) most people think I will perform. I can't say I'm totally surprised, underestimated from day 1 and nothing appears to have changed! "web design and programming?? You're having a laugh right??!" That's what someone said to me 12 years ago when I showed an interest in web programming. Now I'm the youngest member of an IT department working as a web team leader for one of the largest Conveyancing Law Firms in the country!

Doubt me all you want - but it only serves to make me stronger!