Wednesday 2 April 2008

Chuck Liddell - My Fighting Life (Part 2)

OK - so I got like maybe 20 pages to go and I have to say this book was much better than I thought it would be. Chuck goes into details about aspects of his personal life, how he got into the fight game, goes over his thoughts and views about certain fights he's had and how he was feeling at the time (his comments on Tito Ortiz make me want to buy that book also). There's even a few of his training routines, little snippets of information cataloging everything from his favourite bouts to what his kids see as weird things that he eats (like hot sauce straight from the bottle).

Anyway, I've not read that many auto-biographies but the ones I have read (Malcolm X and Mohammed Ali) are great and this goes in there with them as a superb read. Could hardly put it down and the only down side is that I've pretty much finished reading it.

Get this book - it's an outstanding read and very inspirational. Since reading this book I've quit smoking and am working harder than ever in the gym. Not to say that this book has done that for me as I was intent on quitting smoking at some point anyway but reading it has certainly helped spur me on and also led me to the realisation that if you want to change things - bitching does not do it. Action is the only way to go.

So I end this entry with a little inspiration quote from Bruce Lee (I actually have this on a poster in my gym at home): -

"Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do"