Tuesday 19 August 2008

Super Timmy Punch!

So - in training last night we were doing this thing called "Stop Point" (atleast I think that's what it's called). The whole idea is, you square off, the ref says go and whoever gets the hit in first gets a point, everything is stopped and you start again. The entire point of this is to build up attack speed to ensure you're the first one in and we usually work to a "first to 5 points" system. Being as I ain't exactly got fat wedges of muscle weighing me down I'm able to bring speed pretty easily and I've not had a great deal of luck executing the Super Man punch during sparring being as my opponent usually see's it coming a mile off. A friend of mine suggested that I set it up with a Jab (cheers chunky) so I've been practising this little manouver infront of the mirror. Anyways - yesterday...saw an opening, threw the jab and then went in with a superman punch and totally nailed it. Unfortunatley - I ended up hitting my sparring partner square in the eye (Sorry Cuan) and the point didn't count - BUT the fact still remains that I executed that bad boy to a Tee.

I was apologetic as anything being as it's never my intention to hurt sparring partners but I was chuffed as a basta*d when I actually realised I executed it. HAPPY DAYS!!