Monday 11 August 2008

UFC 87 : Review

I actually stayed up to watch this and finding ways to kill time til 3am when you're high and there's nothing on Telly is not easy!! I managed it though and totally worth it! With the exception of the 2nd round stoppage predicted in the last post, everyone who I thought would win...won. Have to say, easily one of the best UFC events I've seen in years - Demian Maia vs Jason McDonald was an excellent Jui Jitsu showcase. Jason M is not an easy dude to tap!!

The Ken Flo vs Huerta fight was good - I was routing for Heurta but Kenny had some seriously tight skill.

Brock Lesnar is a freaking beast! Congrats on the dude winning the fight but I found him to be a touch disrespectful once the fight was won. Pointing at the opponent and laughing...what a complete twat! Yeah I can see you now you big headed mother fucker!

The GSP Fitch fight should easily have got fight of the night. Jon Fitch is a freaking machine. The dude can take serious punishment and just keep on going. That guy has nothing to be ashamed of in loosing, he put up a hell of a fight!