Friday 26 October 2007

Blackberry Pearl - the search is over

The search is finally OVER! Went and scored me a Blackberry pearl yesterday and I gotta say, it's the freakin' shiz. My best mates girlfriend got one about a month back and I was put off by the fact that the typing was a little weird. However I was informed that the difficulty only lasted a few days and after speaking to the dude in the Orange shop - he said the same thing too. Anyways - I left it on charge for the day yesterday while I went to go pick up 'the little one' and I've only been using it today. What can I say...this phone is the SHIT! Works great although I've not hooked it up to my regular email account being as I get ridiculous amounts of spam and I don't want to lash all my allocated blackberry megs before I get a chance to use them. However, the update prior to this one was done via the blackberry and it took maybe 5-6 goes before I got used to the typing. It's roughly the same dimensions as the Prada phone and around the same weight which is great. It has all the features I need (Phone calls, text messages and email) and a bunch of stuff that other people may be interested in like a camera (I just don't see the point), an MP3 player (again...I don't see the point being as I have an iPOD that does a way better job) but I can say with confidence...get this phone!! I wasn't looking to set the world on fire (and this phone by no means does that) but in terms of what I wanted it for...it is absolutely perfect. Well done Blackberry.