Sunday 21 October 2007

Command & Conquer and Quake Wars

Yeah, so I was threatening to give my opinion of Quake Wars a few weeks back and decided to give it a quick review on here. Basically - it looks well sexy but being as I ain't played Quake properly (or games in general for that matter) since Quake II was released (yeah...that long ago!) it was all a bit to take in. They've totally changed the format from the old 'Dive onto a server, kill some people and do one' methodology to this ongoing game where you're either a human or alien and the game pretty much lasts forever (give or take a day or 2). Pretty cool theory I guess and I s'pose there's still room for clan play - but for my liking...waay too complex. The reason I say this is because what I got was not what I was expecting and it just was not my cup of tea. I was looking for something you could pick up every now and then if you get bored and have a play but there's so much too it you'd need to take a few hours figuring out what all the different characters you can play do. All in all - a great game if you're into that kinda thing with a shed load to do but for me...way too complex for the kinda stuff I want it for.

Meanwhile - just has the most incredibly geeky weekend in years! Was wanting a little R 'n' R without having to lash a fat wedge of coin so had a little play of Command & Conquer the 1st Decade for pretty much the ENTIRE WEEKEND! (yeah...little seems a bit of an understatement - but hey...it ain't like I do it all the time now is it). Anyways - Pretty much stuck to Generals and I gotta say...I like it. Totally my kinda game...takes about 20 mins to work out the functions of each side and then bingo bango...you're off. Totally recommend it (even if it is 4 years old!!!).