Wednesday 3 October 2007

Techy Stuff

Tell you something - this email bloggin is pretty handy (if it works that is). Anyways - spotted a few nice bits I thought I would share :)

Fuser
Found a site called Fuser - released a few days ago. Basically consolidates all of your email accounts into 1 manageable monthly payment...erm...sorry - touch of cross over there. But yeah...looks alright - they seem to like Java in them parts though. Only problem is - I was kinda looking to "cheat the system" at work. Not like I'm on all days browsing the internet and emailin' my homies - but it would be cool to be able to access my hotmail, gmail etc without being blocked by the company filter. Only thing is - from what I can tell - they're letting the client connect to Hotmail when you add the account as opposed to the server doing it - so I think it's a case of - if you're blocked from viewing hotmail where you are - this won't help :( Still looks nice though.

iPod Touch
One of the guys came in today with his brand spanking new iPod Touch which pisses me off. In fact - that don't piss me off...what pisses me off is the fact that I spend 250 bones on a 30 GB ipod - for apple to re-release the latest version where the smallest size available is 80gb and for the same price I paid for mine!!! anyways - bitching aside - this thing is sweet! They've basically taken the iPhone and:
  • Added a smaller/thinner case
  • Removed the proximity detection (that cool thing that makes the phone fade to black when you put it near your ear)
  • Left in ambient light detection (checks the ambient lighting and changes the contrast of your iPOD screen to suit)
  • Left in the accelerometer (detects when you change your view from portrait to landscape and vice versa and changes the display to suit)
  • Removed Messaging and Phone calls
  • Removed some other crap (that you probably wouldn't use anyway).
It works sweet...very intuitive and the multi-touch display is bad ass! Only thing that pisses me off about it....all this bad ass technology...and the capacity is like 16GB. Sorry Apple...but you've sold 1 less iPod because of that! Either add memory expansion capability OR come up with a bigger size - but I wouldn't get out of bed for 16GB - if it can't fit your library on it then HELL NO! I ain't sitting there for hours on end unchecking items in iTunes just so that I can get enough shit to fit onto it - been there - done that - seen the light - don't wanna do it again!!

Oooh - CNET have done a nifty review on it n all.

No comments: