Wednesday 17 October 2007

The countdown begins...

Yup - 5 weeks and 2 days until I go to my home from home...Amsterdam! I absolutely love the place and have been a minimum of once a year for like the past 5 years since the very 1st time I went. My boy reckons that the 1st coffee shop you go in tends to end up being your favourite and for me - it's Betty Boop! Absolutely love the place...it's small but don't let that fool ya, the tunes are mellow, it's chilled as anything (although ain't too easy to find) but if you go - I would totally recommend the place. The people are way cool, they make a bad ass fresh orange juice and the nicest black coffee I've ever had! Another place I'll be visiting...the Green House. Pretty cool on a night and a major mix of people. Last time I went I was sat around a table with a couple o guys from Cali, a geezer from South Africa and some of my homies from good ol England - just chillin and talkin about life n stuff (as you do). Going to be taking my cousin with me and we're calling it her Hajj being as I've been telling her everyone should go at least once in their lifetime if able!

One thing I do remember - and I was higher than a giraffe's ass when I was told this so lord know's how I remember. Just as the South Africa dude was leaving - he said some (what at the time sounded like) meaningful stuff which for some reason stuck with me.

"You walk down the street, you smile at someone and sometimes they smile back and sometimes they don't smile back. The important thing is...you smile."

Was either the ramblings of a total stoner or some zen Socrates type stuff - but the dude was right. Other people should never define how you perceive things and you should never let anyone have that kind of control.

Anyways - just occurred to me that I'm telling peeps the weekend I'm not gonna be at home n stuff...so don't go trying to steal my shit - I'll find you!!!